Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Craft Update

I'm happy to report this week as it was very productive. I finished Martin's cross-stitch samplers! I got an email from Dad prompting me and I got them done on Friday.

Here is the one Grandpa made:

Here is the one I made:
I finished stuffing two knit balls and actually have them gift wrapped. I gave one away and she seemed suitably impressed.

I also did a bit of knitting on the blanket, but I'm losing a bit of steam. I still like doing the cables, but the heat here is not inspiring me. It would be a good blanket for lying on the floor though.

I did a bit of shopping. I bought the cross-stitch threads for making the snowman family. I went digging around today, and was choosing between two cloths. One linen in blue and white, but it is pretty much exactly the right size, and I'm not sure if there would be for framing. So, I've decided to use one that Paulina bought me. It is a hand-dyed linen in blues and greens with silver running through it (so I think it will look like it is snowing). The cloth is really pretty and I almost decided not to use it, but then I thought - what am I saving it for? Plus I have 3 more.

I also bought some yarn - blue, yellow and red, in primary bright colours to make a ball for Martin. I'm bored of the colours I've been making lately (I think I made about 10 balls in the colours I have).

I've dug out the yarn for the blocks and need to do a colour chart to decide what colours to do the blocks.

So a good week, and I'm hoping to start the new cross-stitch this afternoon. And I also hope to get back to the sea animal number cross-stitch and work on it once a week. Yes, I still have the Dragon to pull out, but one thing at a time (ha!). I used to do one project at a time, but Paulina has corrupted me.

And for Joe's craft update - he's found a solution for the website, so I'll work on getting some pictures up.

1 comment:

Paulina said...

Both cross-stitch samplers look terrific!! Congratulations to you and your grandfather for getting them done.

I can't wait to see how the snowman family turns out on the hand-dyed linen. You'll have to post progress pictures.