On Wednesday, I went to lunch with M and her son William. I met M at lunch one day at work. We were both eating at the same restaurant, and she was visibly pregnant (as was I) and I decided to start talking to her. We hit it off, and we had her and her husband over for dinner the next weekend. Her son is about one month older than Martin and is a cutie with a big head of hair.
On Thursday, we had J over. We met her at the Mt. Elizabeth hospital orientation a couple of months ago. I kept in touch with her and C (another pregnant lady I met there - who is friends with J) and did lunch with them several times as we all work downtown. She's due in November.
But we've also made non-pregnant friends. Yesterday we had Sam over to play with Oliver in the morning. He lives in our townhouse complex and came over with his mother. It was really nice.
But the highlight was having Oliver's friend Ashton over. He goes to Oliver's school and is Oliver's best friend. Okay, Oliver will say that Mack the Truck from the movie Cars is his best friend, but Ashton will say that Oliver is his best friend. It is the most social play that I've seen Oliver engage in. Normally, with friends, it's more parallel play, but this was actual playing together. At the end of the night, when it was time for Oliver's bath, Oliver kept saying that "Ashton had to have a bath too", so I let Ashton come in the bath, and Oliver washed Ashton's hair for him. It was really sweet.
And on the existing friends front, we have some friends of ours moving to Singapore in a couple of weeks, they arrive the beginning of October. G will be working at the same place as me. We are very excited about that.
Now if Joe could find a golfing buddy for during the week, all would be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment