Monday, September 3, 2007

Monday Craft Update

Well, I actually did some knitting this week. About 4-5 rows on Martin's blanket (which is about an hour of work) and I did 9 out of 12 stripes on a knit ball. I've decided that I don't need naps anymore and instead am going to do crafts.

Now, here are the questions:

1. Should I make Martin knit blocks? If so, I need to order the yarn soon. I'm going to ship it to Joe's parents so they can bring it next month.
2. I have this Christmas cross-stitch, which is a snowman family, with a little snowchild and a snowbaby. I'm seriously considering making it, as it would be our family this year. But would I finish it in time? I would have to drop all other cross-stitch projects (except finishing the baby samplers) and most likely not to do much knitting, including the blocks. Should I do it?

Opinions welcome. I hope Paulina has time to read the blog this week.

2 comments:

Paulina said...

Tough choice. I think I'd go with the knit blocks, as it's nice to have a straightforward, manageable project to work on with a new baby around. I always had a hard time concentrating on cross-stitch when my kids were infants. You could plan, perhaps, to start the cross-stitch on Jan. 1 as your 2008 project, to be completed for Christmas of that year. Of course, I'm terrible at resisting new projects, so don't take my advice too seriously!

Crafty Craken said...

Interesting. I'm leaning the other way, or frankly, just trying to do both. I think I can get a good chunk done during mat leave, but I'm probably fooling myself (as usual!).