Saturday, September 1, 2007

Go Diego Go!

Last night was probably the best night with Martin since the hospital (the hospital was really easy, as they just brought him to me for nursing and then I pressed a button, and they came and took him back to the nursery). He fell asleep around 10:30, woke at 1:30, 4:30 and 8:00, and was only awake for about 20 minutes each time.

Oliver woke around 8:00 also, calling out, as he usually does "Daytime Mommy! DAYTIME!". I couldn't go as I was nursing Martin, so Joe went. Oliver kept insisting for me, so Martin and I went, where Oliver said "Give Daddy the baby", but I couldn't, so Oliver had a nice big meltdown. But Martin stopped nursing and Oliver stopped crying.

We had a nice morning, watching "Cars" and Joe made crepes. We then headed out to the zoo, as Diego (of Go Diego Go!) fame was supposed to be there. We met up with Jose, Chantal, Alex and Marie for lunch first, at which everyone was well behaved and then went to see Diego. Poor Diego, his head looked really heavy, and he had a very hard time walking. Oliver wouldn't pose for pictures, so we don't really have any. After we watched a Diego episode with crocodiles.

We then went to the water splash pad at the zoo, where Oliver had a great time, until the wind picked up, and the sky turned black. We got Oliver quickly dressed and got us all under shelter as the rain came down. Luckily it didn't last too long (10-15 minutes) and then we headed home.

Oliver then played with his toys, in which he informed me that he wanted to buy Sheriff (from Cars) as he's a "good guy" and he would "like to live with Oliver and all the cars and trucks" as he gestured to all his toys.

Basil made us Hungarian Goulash and coconut bread for dinner which was really nice. Oliver ate like we hadn't fed him in 2 days. Joe gave him his bath, but not before he went pee in the potty standing up like a big boy. He was very pleased with himself, and as he was running around he said "I love you Mommy, I want to kiss you" and he came over to give me a kiss and then said "I want to kiss the baby on the mouth" which he did. So sweet.

He's now in bed reading stories to himself and Martin is asleep downstairs. Once he wakes he'll get his bath and we'll start his nighttime routine.

This is our life. It's pretty nice.

No comments: