Saturday, November 24, 2007

Well, that was a bit of a bust

I went shopping after the boys were in bed with Jane and Annabelle. We were going to buy supplies for the Christmas party. We thought, let's go to Mustafa. Mustafa is this large department store in Little India, with loads and loads of cheap goods. Like an Honest Ed's if you are from Toronto.

So we take a cab and set out. We get there and start looking around. Can't find anything, I finally ask a worker. They only have Christmas cards, no Christmas supplies. Hmm, I guess Little INDIA is not the place to go shopping. So we decide to head to Plaza Singapura.

Can't catch a cab, so we walk about 20 minutes through Little India at night to the MRT station. That was nice. Something I wouldn't normally get to do. And oddly enough, none of the little stores had Christmas decorations either. You'd think Indians don't celebrate Christmas. Maybe we should try Arab street next. Or Chinatown.

Get to Plaza Singapura at 10:00. All the stores are closing except Carrefour. You know, the big French chain that's the equivalent to Wal-mart. They have one tiny aisle with really ugly Christmas decorations. I guess they celebrate Christmas in France, but they don't like it.

So we headed back home. Stopped at a bar and had a drink and called it a night. But the company was excellent.

No comments: