I thought I'd give an update. Sorry no new pictures, I need Joe to do a download.
Oliver
Oliver is coping pretty well with me being back at work. Though, he does pretty much ignore me when I'm in my work clothes. Last Friday, he actually said "I don't love Mommy as she in her work clothes". Oliver has always been a fussy pot about what I would wear.
He reminds me a lot of Kate with his facial actions and looks he gives. I don't know if it's because Kate is the most recent toddler that I know well, or if it is because they are related. I lean more towards it's because they are related as I don't see other toddlers making the same faces.
He's also started calling me "Mom" at times instead of "Mommy" or "Mama". He started calling me Mama since we moved here, so it must be something from school. I prefer Mommy, but Mom is slipping in there. Of course, it's still "Daddy" for Joe.
Martin
Martin is a happy baby. I have to say, that Joe and I produce cute, happy babies. If we do nothing else right, we do that at least. He's growing well, has excellent muscle strength, and I suspect he'll roll over in the next week or two (but what do I know?).
He still wakes up 2 to 3 times a night to feed, but it's not too bad. He goes to sleep around 7:30 and wakes either at 12:30 or 2:30 and then again around 5:30. In the morning, he usually wakes up when I'm leaving, and he's lying in his crib, smiling away at his mobile and happily kicking his feet. He also coos and gurgles (but never when I have the video camera on him!).
Martin has two girlfriends, Sofya and Tiffany. They are two nine year old girls who live in our complex. Sofya is the main girlfriend, and Tiffany comes along because Sofya is her best friend. Sofya just thinks Martin is the cutest thing ever, and always wants to hold him. Then when Martin fusses, I hold him, and they play with Oliver, so it works out quite well. Two little babysitters for free!
Oliver
Oliver is coping pretty well with me being back at work. Though, he does pretty much ignore me when I'm in my work clothes. Last Friday, he actually said "I don't love Mommy as she in her work clothes". Oliver has always been a fussy pot about what I would wear.
He reminds me a lot of Kate with his facial actions and looks he gives. I don't know if it's because Kate is the most recent toddler that I know well, or if it is because they are related. I lean more towards it's because they are related as I don't see other toddlers making the same faces.
He's also started calling me "Mom" at times instead of "Mommy" or "Mama". He started calling me Mama since we moved here, so it must be something from school. I prefer Mommy, but Mom is slipping in there. Of course, it's still "Daddy" for Joe.
Martin
Martin is a happy baby. I have to say, that Joe and I produce cute, happy babies. If we do nothing else right, we do that at least. He's growing well, has excellent muscle strength, and I suspect he'll roll over in the next week or two (but what do I know?).
He still wakes up 2 to 3 times a night to feed, but it's not too bad. He goes to sleep around 7:30 and wakes either at 12:30 or 2:30 and then again around 5:30. In the morning, he usually wakes up when I'm leaving, and he's lying in his crib, smiling away at his mobile and happily kicking his feet. He also coos and gurgles (but never when I have the video camera on him!).
Martin has two girlfriends, Sofya and Tiffany. They are two nine year old girls who live in our complex. Sofya is the main girlfriend, and Tiffany comes along because Sofya is her best friend. Sofya just thinks Martin is the cutest thing ever, and always wants to hold him. Then when Martin fusses, I hold him, and they play with Oliver, so it works out quite well. Two little babysitters for free!
2 comments:
It's not that surprising that you think Oliver looks like Kate. When Kate was born, we thought she looked like her Uncle Joe. At least they have the same ears. :-)
ya I think kate and oliver are alike
=julia
Post a Comment