I've been asked numerous times what it is like to have a live-in maid & nanny, or as I like to call her now, the Family Assistant. In a word - awesome.
Bascilia (or Basil) works 6 days a week, getting Sundays and public holidays off. She starts around 7am, washes the main floor, unloads the dishwasher, and gets the main floor clean. After breakfast, she cleans Joe's office, and cleans the second floor, including doing all laundry. Everyday our washroom is cleaned - it is so great. I actually now notice when it isn't cleaned on Sundays, and this from the gal who cleaned her washroom once every 2 weeks (if lucky).
She's very unobtrusive, but she is there when you need her. She lives with us, but it's a separate apartment with its own entrance and actually is not in our living space.
Starting Monday, she'll be taking care of Martin. She is very good with him, and will look after him while I eat or if I'm busy. I've been leaving him with her, so that he can get used to the bottle, and it seems to be going well (not like he can complain anyway).
She also does the little things for us, unasked. Last Saturday night, we went out for Joe's birthday. Basil babysat for us, when we came back, she had baked Joe a birthday cake. Last night she babysat for us also (just so we don't sound like slacker parents, we didn't go out until the kids where in bed), and put up some Christmas decorations. Yes, it's a bit early even for me, but it is the thought that counts. And no, the tree isn't up.
And I won't tell you how much I'm paying her, but let's just say its very affordable.
Bascilia (or Basil) works 6 days a week, getting Sundays and public holidays off. She starts around 7am, washes the main floor, unloads the dishwasher, and gets the main floor clean. After breakfast, she cleans Joe's office, and cleans the second floor, including doing all laundry. Everyday our washroom is cleaned - it is so great. I actually now notice when it isn't cleaned on Sundays, and this from the gal who cleaned her washroom once every 2 weeks (if lucky).
She's very unobtrusive, but she is there when you need her. She lives with us, but it's a separate apartment with its own entrance and actually is not in our living space.
Starting Monday, she'll be taking care of Martin. She is very good with him, and will look after him while I eat or if I'm busy. I've been leaving him with her, so that he can get used to the bottle, and it seems to be going well (not like he can complain anyway).
She also does the little things for us, unasked. Last Saturday night, we went out for Joe's birthday. Basil babysat for us, when we came back, she had baked Joe a birthday cake. Last night she babysat for us also (just so we don't sound like slacker parents, we didn't go out until the kids where in bed), and put up some Christmas decorations. Yes, it's a bit early even for me, but it is the thought that counts. And no, the tree isn't up.
And I won't tell you how much I'm paying her, but let's just say its very affordable.
No comments:
Post a Comment