Martin Daniel
8.0 lb, 3.63 kg
52 cm
Singapore, August 15, 2007
This blog may not be for the faint of heart. Its Martin's birth story. If not for you just scroll past the text to the picture.
I lost my mucous plug around 8pm on Tuesday night. I decided that this would be a good time to get caught up on Y&R. In preparation, I put a shower curtain under my sheets.
I awoke around 1:00 for the usual pee break. I awoke again around 3:45 with a mild contraction. I've been having those for a while, Braxton-Hicks is what they are called. The next contraction was at 4:00, stronger but not bad. Then I just felt like I had to be on the toilet the entire time. I kept waiting for my water to break but it didn't happen.
At 430ish I decided we should go to the hospital as I wanted drugs. We arrived 15 min later, I was in total pain starting to panic. They checked me out, I was already 8-9 cm dilated!! No epidural for me.
They did give me gas, which helped. It was probably the concentrating on breathing that really did it.
Doctor came, and I really wanted to push. Water broke. 2 pushes later out came the head, one more for the body and Martin Daniel was born. Joe said he was quite blue but he pinked up nicely and looks quite good for a newborn.
He was born at 5:43, so you can see how fast that was.
He has already nursed and did it like a champ. He's sleeping right now and so should I.
Here are some pictures of the little guy. Handsome isn't he?


7 comments:
Congratulations, Jill and Joe!! I love the photos of my new nephew. When I look at the baby photos of Oliver, I can see the resemblance. I am also most impressed that you were able to update your blog so soon after the birth!
Congratulations Jill and Joe! I'm very happy for both of you.
Laurie
Congratulations Jill and Joe! Martin is such a cutie. I can't believe how fast everything went. Good thing you made it to the hospital in time. Oliver must be very excited!
Congratulations!
Love,
Marijke, Lester, Lucas and Mariela
Congratulations Jill, Joe and brother Oliver!!!!
Wow, I also can't believe you are updating your blog so soon after the birth. Am so happy it all went well and quick and i must say what a handsome little fella he is!!!!!
Well, seen as you will probably be home tomorrow doesn't leave me much time to come and visit you in the hospital. Let me know when you are settled in at home and we will call by for an hour or so to see and congratulate you in person
Cheers
Jeanette and mystery man Feroze!
What the heck?! Do they allow laptops right in the freakin' delivery room? Man alive ~ you are truely a techno geek!
However, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Baby Martin.
Oliver; Martin; I'd like to introduce you to two lovely Avbar girls!! tee hee. Joe says he has a golf foursome.....i say we'll have to watch out for those double dates. {Us AND the Levac girls!}
Anyhoo...happy for you Jill that it went so fast; sorry you didn't get the drugs you were hoping for. Hope that in a few days it won't matter!
We are so very happy for everyone. Hugs to all (and a gentle kiss on the head for Martin). If you can manage, try to package up and put a 'scratch & snif' on the monitor so we can smell that 'newborn baby's head' smell that is just so intoxicating. If anyone can figure out a way to do it I'm sure you guys can!!!!!
Love from Milton
Wow, I guess when I was checking your blog Tuesday night you were already done it all. It's much less painful enjoying other people's labours! He looks absolutely adorable. Good work. Can't wait to meet him.
Love to you all!
Kristi, Tyson, Ally and Sam
So happy for you all!!
I appreciate the details and can understand your desire to share them with the world... if for no other reason than to receive the applause necessary for giving birth sans pharmaceutical intervention. Jill, you rock!
Take care of eachother.
Love,
Kairn, Sean, Avery & Asher
Post a Comment