Sunday, August 12, 2007

All about Knitting Needles

So, I'm back to knitting a baby blanket, that the baby will have no use for. Oh well, it has cables, and I always wanted to learn how to do cables. I really like them, pretty fun. However, they work better when you "throw" the yarn instead of "pick" the yarn for your knitting style.

The blanket is on circular needles, as most blankets are. I'm using Addi Turbo which are supposed to be quite good. Honestly I don't really like circular needles, I don't think it's anything against the brand, as I don't like other brands of circular needles. I find that you are constantly pulling the knitting along, it invariably doesn't slide that well, plus I don't like the way that the loops are so big compared to the string (or whatever the wire is called that makes knitting needles circular). But you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'll use straight whenever I can.

And yes, my next post (which will be the Monday craft one, will be the "Victory is Mine" post).

No comments: