Friday, August 17, 2007

All About the First Day Home

We (Martin & I) signed out of the hospital today. He's been doing pretty well at home. He is nursing like a champ - maybe too much of a champ, he seems to do little feeds of about 10 minutes (of good solid nursing) then falls asleep and awakes around 90 minutes later for more. Or else I'm misinterpreting signs (which is entirely possible). But he's been asleep since about 6:00 now (it is now 8:00) but he has been constantly held. Oh well, they say you can't spoil a newborn.

I'm a bit confused how to dress him. It's quite warm here. In the hospital, they only had him in a diaper shirt and swaddled him. No hat. So I've been doing the same. Martin seems to enjoy being swaddled, though he is loose right now.

Oliver was really good today. He was happy to see me (I was a bit worried about that), and I played with him some. He didn't get jealous when I nursed Martin, and luckily Martin slept right through Oliver's bedtime routine so I got to do that. Martin is sleeping on Joe right now, and I think Joe is asleep also!! Once Martin awakes, we'll give him his bath and then try to get him settled for the night.

Wish us luck.

No comments: