Friday, August 10, 2007

All About Baby ToBe

Had another doctor's appointment today. Apparently the baby's head has dropped. It's funny, with Oliver, he was sitting a lot more on my pelvis that this one. I could barely turn over in bed. This baby likes to kick me in the rib cage, but I do think it is a bit lower now.

Doctor doesn't understand why I want to work at home from now on. She said, if you go into labour at work, you'll have 20 people to help you get to the hospital. Umm, thanks but no thanks. She did say if I wanted to try and get labour started she'd do a sweep for me, but I hear they hurt. To which she replied "not as much as labour". I asked for an epidural right now, but she said no.

Oliver was one week early, and she said I could expect the same, so that would make this baby's due date on Wednesday. But just you watch, I'll be late with this one!!

Today, Oliver was saying "When the baby get bigger, I share my toys with the baby.". Isn't he sweet. And I'm writing it down, to show him, when he won't share. ;)

Some information on the baby at 38 weeks (ignore gender references):
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs between 6 and 7 1/2 pounds (boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls), and she's nearly 20 inches long. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? (No, they will be brown. The only thing is will they be black like Joe's and Kate's or brown like Oliver's.) You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments: