Wednesday, August 8, 2007

All About Hooky

So on Tuesday I decided to play hooky. Well, not really, as I did tell the boss and took a vacation day. Oliver had a birthday party at 3:00, so I decided I would take a day off work so I could attend.

It was a pretty busy day though, Joe and I went shopping to two different malls (missing our exit to one mall, which involved some sniping in the car at each other). We ate lunch at Din Tai ?? something. It's a Taiwanese chain and has really good wonton soup.

The birthday party was good, but Oliver is like his mommy, and is sometimes intimidated by the big kids. There was a bouncy castle, and I really had to convince Oliver to go in it. Like the birthday party the other week, he didn't really want to go in because there were "too many kids". I was the only parent/adult who sat at the edge of the bouncy castle and Oliver would keep running to me.

The kids went swimming. I was the only adult that went in the pool (and hence, didn't really talk to any adults). But I'm big and hot all the time, and frankly, I have a fun time with kids. Even when there are "too many kids".

Back to my theme of hooky, Friday will be my last day in the office. I'm going to start working from home next week.

No comments: