falling on my head like a memory....
It rains in Singapore A LOT. Like almost every day a lot. Usually in the morning. Right now (it's about 1:00pm - messing up my theory) it is pouring rain. Underwear soaking if outside for 0.05 seconds, pouring. Thunder and lightening. Now, this kind of weather is nice once in a while, but almost every day, gets a bit old. Plus it is cloudy here a lot.
There are advantages to living in the tropics (besides dengue fever). We never have to deal with jackets, sweaters, pants or frankly socks. Joe keeps saying that he likes wearing his slip on sandals all the time (apparently tying up shoes is a hardship for him).
But I miss the sunshine and blue sky. Though when it comes out, it is freakin' hot. Although its freakin' hot when the sun isn't out.
In fact, the other day, Oliver said he could not go swimming because it was not cloudy. Apparently he can only swim on cloudy days.
Sigh, I miss Nassau weather. It was really ideal. Joe and I have agreed that we will retire in the tropics - either the Tropic of Cancer or the Tropic of Capricorn. Not the equator.
But don't worry, I won't post complaining about the heat in January and February. I know that would just be cruel.
It rains in Singapore A LOT. Like almost every day a lot. Usually in the morning. Right now (it's about 1:00pm - messing up my theory) it is pouring rain. Underwear soaking if outside for 0.05 seconds, pouring. Thunder and lightening. Now, this kind of weather is nice once in a while, but almost every day, gets a bit old. Plus it is cloudy here a lot.
There are advantages to living in the tropics (besides dengue fever). We never have to deal with jackets, sweaters, pants or frankly socks. Joe keeps saying that he likes wearing his slip on sandals all the time (apparently tying up shoes is a hardship for him).
But I miss the sunshine and blue sky. Though when it comes out, it is freakin' hot. Although its freakin' hot when the sun isn't out.
In fact, the other day, Oliver said he could not go swimming because it was not cloudy. Apparently he can only swim on cloudy days.
Sigh, I miss Nassau weather. It was really ideal. Joe and I have agreed that we will retire in the tropics - either the Tropic of Cancer or the Tropic of Capricorn. Not the equator.
But don't worry, I won't post complaining about the heat in January and February. I know that would just be cruel.
No comments:
Post a Comment