Saturday, August 25, 2007

Book Review: I'll Love You Forever

This is a children's book. I don't know where we got it from, but we recently discovered it with our move. Unfortunately Oliver really likes it. I say unfortunately as I'm a blubbering mess when I read it. I have yet to make it through the book without crying.

And frankly, the book turns creepy in the middle of it, making it that much more embarrassing. The main refrain of the book is "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be" and the mother says this to her child. She sneaks into his room at night and picks him up. Cute when he is a baby, and a toddler. Okay when he's nine. Getting a bit odd that she picks him up when he is a teenager. Down right creepy when she drives across town with a ladder on her car and breaks into his house at night (plus she's super strong as she can lift her grown son in her lap while he is asleep).

But I am still a blubbering mess reading it.

Today when changing Oliver's diaper, he said "thank you Mommy" for changing him. I said "you are welcome", Joe piped up that Oliver will have to do it for us when we are old. Oliver responded "When Mommy old, I change Mommy's underwear when it is poopy". Where is the video camera when you need it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.