I just finished reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" and "The Boleyn Inheritance" by Philippa Gregory. And by chance, on the flight from Montreal to Vancouver, Martin slept and I watched the movie "The Other Boleyn Girl".
The books are excellent, quick, enjoyable reads. They are about Anne and Mary ("the other") Boleyn. Anne married King Henry VIII and Mary was his mistress. It ends better for Mary than for Anne. "The Boleyn Inheritance" follows King Henry VIII's marriages to Anne of Cleves and Katherine Howard.
The movie was good, but having read the book, I found it easier to follow than if I had not. But I was watching on the plane, so it is sometimes hard to see and hear everything.
I recommend the books and the movie as a nice summer diversion. It reminds you that while it may be always good to be king, it isn't always good to be the queen.
Julia Turns 17
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment