Thursday, December 20, 2007

Martha has got nothing on me

in terms of making sugar cookies. I decided it would be fun for Oliver and I to do it, and then we could decorate it. So I looked up a recipe for sugar cookies. You have to chill the dough, so I decided to make up the dough last night. It went well, except the minor hitch that we are out of vanilla, but I was able to borrow some. The mixing was fine, except it was very pilly. Then I realized that I added only 3 teaspoons of milk and not tablespoons. But I fixed it up, and put it in the fridge to chill.

Today, Oliver and I started making the cookies. The dough was really tough to roll as it was cold, and then it got really really sticky. So I added more flour. But didn't really help. So I got it flat enough, and we stuck in a shape. And then we couldn't get the cookie onto the cookie sheet without basically wrecking the cookie. (I think it was the heat and humidity in the kitchen. There is no air conditioning there). So I gave up and said, let's make silly shapes. Here they are pre-cooking.

Here is how they look post cooking and post decorating:
I wish. Here they are (they also broke during decorating):
At least they taste okay. And Oliver had fun.

1 comment:

Paulina said...

That's a pretty impressive display of baking, Jill!!