Joe and I went to our first Parent-Teacher interview on Saturday. Apparently Oliver is truly potty-trained at school. He goes to the toilet by himself, wipes, washes his hands, puts his pants back on. The whole thing! And he can put on his own shoes. Take off his tshirt. Feed himself soup. All sorts of things that at home he says "Mommy help me! I can't do it.". The visit was quite the eye-opener.
He's also a quick learner (which we knew), and usually answers first in class (taking after Mommy, Auntie Lana and Auntie Paulina). He knows several songs in Chinese. He can follow directions in Chinese and will answer in Chinese, only using an English word if he doesn't know the Chinese word.
But tonight was exciting. Well, for us, as we live sad lives. No, it's not a sad life, it's the life of a parent. Those with older children will remember their first time. Those with younger children won't understand the big deal, and those who are toilet training will say "Way to go Oliver!".
I didn't see the incident, as I was up with Martin, but I was told that Oliver told Basil he wanted to poop in the potty. And he did!!! Way to go Oliver!
I told Oliver we would have to call Grandma and Grandpa to tell them, and for the rest of the night he talked about going upstairs (where the computer is for video calls) to call Grandma and Grandpa. He also said that when he gets bigger, he will get a phone, and he will call Grandma and Grandpa.
Stupid time difference. If it hadn't been 6am in Winnipeg, we would have called right then. But I'm pretty sure Dad doesn't want to hear about poop first thing in the morning. He's probably already had enough poop talk reading this blog. Now I can't stop saying poop. Poop. Poop. Poop. Now I'll spell it backwards. Poop.
He's also a quick learner (which we knew), and usually answers first in class (taking after Mommy, Auntie Lana and Auntie Paulina). He knows several songs in Chinese. He can follow directions in Chinese and will answer in Chinese, only using an English word if he doesn't know the Chinese word.
But tonight was exciting. Well, for us, as we live sad lives. No, it's not a sad life, it's the life of a parent. Those with older children will remember their first time. Those with younger children won't understand the big deal, and those who are toilet training will say "Way to go Oliver!".
I didn't see the incident, as I was up with Martin, but I was told that Oliver told Basil he wanted to poop in the potty. And he did!!! Way to go Oliver!
I told Oliver we would have to call Grandma and Grandpa to tell them, and for the rest of the night he talked about going upstairs (where the computer is for video calls) to call Grandma and Grandpa. He also said that when he gets bigger, he will get a phone, and he will call Grandma and Grandpa.
Stupid time difference. If it hadn't been 6am in Winnipeg, we would have called right then. But I'm pretty sure Dad doesn't want to hear about poop first thing in the morning. He's probably already had enough poop talk reading this blog. Now I can't stop saying poop. Poop. Poop. Poop. Now I'll spell it backwards. Poop.
1 comment:
Hi all!,
Way to go Oliver!! Another big step in getting ready to move to University and your own apartment. The time zones are a major pain and are quite daunting when considered in airplane travel time.
And Jill you are right I don't like p**p talk first thing in the morning.
Love Grandpa Winnipeg
PS It's only -15.2c this morning
Post a Comment