In honour of our Canadian roots, I like to get a picture of Oliver (and now Martin) a picture with Santa Claus each year. In 2005, we went to the Mall at Marathon in Nassau. Last year, we went to Grant Park Mall.
In Canada (and the Bahamas), Santa has a large throne to sit on, and you have to pay to get a picture printed.
So, I've been looking around the malls in Singapore, for Santa's throne. There never were any, even though there are tons of Christmas displays. But Tanglin Mall has Santa this weekend (including an avalanche!?!?!), so we decided to go there to get our picture taken. We wander around looking for Santa's throne. Can't find it, so we ask information. Santa will just walk around the mall, and if you want your picture with him, you need to bring your own camera.
So Santa came. I ended up in the picture holding Martin (whose bib I forgot to take off), Oliver is busy unwrapping his lollipop (they don't even give out candy canes, for heaven's sake!) and not looking up, and I look terrible. Where is this wonderful picture you ask? Still on the camera card. I'll see if I post it for public view.
A very anti-climatic, disappointing visit.
In Canada (and the Bahamas), Santa has a large throne to sit on, and you have to pay to get a picture printed.
So, I've been looking around the malls in Singapore, for Santa's throne. There never were any, even though there are tons of Christmas displays. But Tanglin Mall has Santa this weekend (including an avalanche!?!?!), so we decided to go there to get our picture taken. We wander around looking for Santa's throne. Can't find it, so we ask information. Santa will just walk around the mall, and if you want your picture with him, you need to bring your own camera.
So Santa came. I ended up in the picture holding Martin (whose bib I forgot to take off), Oliver is busy unwrapping his lollipop (they don't even give out candy canes, for heaven's sake!) and not looking up, and I look terrible. Where is this wonderful picture you ask? Still on the camera card. I'll see if I post it for public view.
A very anti-climatic, disappointing visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment