We had a very fun day today.
I woke to hearing sounds downstairs. As first, in my morning fog, I thought I was the workmen working on our front door (it is being replaced), then I thought it was Basil cleaning up, but I remembered it was Sunday. So Joe went down to investigate. It was Oliver, for the first time, going downstairs to play while waiting for us.
It was beautiful in the morning, so Oliver, Martin and I went outside to play with Oliver's new remote control car. The weather was so nice, Oliver went swimming. Martin and I watched as Oliver played with the other kids in the pool. Joe prepared a dip for a party in the afternoon.
At 2:00, after Martin's big nap (he missed his morning one), we went to the party hosted by our friends Jane & Serge. It was a very nice time, three families from the complex were there. Joe's dip was a hit (of course), and chili con carne was served. As well as cheesecake. Then it started raining. Or as the Brits like to say "the rain was chucking down". A very appropriate phrase I think. So we all went to one house, to hide from the rain.
At some point, I took Martin home for his afternoon nap, and about 20 minutes later, I had almost all the kids from the party at my house (the only ones missing were Oliver and one other). Then the kids went over to another family's house (who was included in the party) for some dinner.
It was a lot of fun, and I have a very nice feeling of community there.
I woke to hearing sounds downstairs. As first, in my morning fog, I thought I was the workmen working on our front door (it is being replaced), then I thought it was Basil cleaning up, but I remembered it was Sunday. So Joe went down to investigate. It was Oliver, for the first time, going downstairs to play while waiting for us.
It was beautiful in the morning, so Oliver, Martin and I went outside to play with Oliver's new remote control car. The weather was so nice, Oliver went swimming. Martin and I watched as Oliver played with the other kids in the pool. Joe prepared a dip for a party in the afternoon.
At 2:00, after Martin's big nap (he missed his morning one), we went to the party hosted by our friends Jane & Serge. It was a very nice time, three families from the complex were there. Joe's dip was a hit (of course), and chili con carne was served. As well as cheesecake. Then it started raining. Or as the Brits like to say "the rain was chucking down". A very appropriate phrase I think. So we all went to one house, to hide from the rain.
At some point, I took Martin home for his afternoon nap, and about 20 minutes later, I had almost all the kids from the party at my house (the only ones missing were Oliver and one other). Then the kids went over to another family's house (who was included in the party) for some dinner.
It was a lot of fun, and I have a very nice feeling of community there.
No comments:
Post a Comment