I'm just feeling a bit homesick this holiday season, missing everyone. But besides the people, there are a lot of things that I miss also. Like:
- Crest toothpaste. I've used Crest my entire life. Turns out P&G does not distribute Crest to Asia. Why? I don't know. Everyone has teeth here. So now I use Sensodyne, as that is what Joe buys.
- Honeynut Cheerios. They have every type of Cheerios here, except the Honeynut. Which everyone knows is the best one. It would be intermittent in Nassau, and when it would show up you would buy a whole bunch. True story. Someone was talking to the manager of the grocery store, and he said he didn't like to buy Honeynut Cheerios for the store because it would sell to fast and they would have to restock it. Yes, that's logic for you. Why stock a product that sells well?
- Alberto Extra Hold Hairspray. I'm beginning to think that only Caucasian people use hairspray. Hairspray was hard to find in Nassau, and it's hard to find here. That one, is my favorite kind, and no one stocks it. So I'm using L'Oreal Extra Hold, but it leaves my hair quite crunchy. And no, I can't give up the hairspray. I am a gal from the '80s after all.
- Maple syrup & brown sugar Quaker Instant Oatmeal. I had it in Nassau, but they don't seem to care too many hot cereals here. Probably because it is always hot here.
- Weather. Sunshine. I miss the weather of Nassau. That was a beautiful climate. I do not miss the weather of Winnipeg.
- Sleep. Sure it's not a "thing" you can buy at the store. But I haven't slept more than 3 - 3.5 hours in a row since Martin was born. I'm tired.
You thought I would say maple syrup as well, didn't you? Luckily, I have never run out, as I always make guests or people returning from Canada bring me some. That one is too important to not miss it.
No comments:
Post a Comment