I thought I would do a year in review craft update. Next week, I'll do a 2008 to do list.
Knitting
I knit a hat for Brent. It was an enjoyable project, but I bought variegated yarn, which turned out to have a big pink stripe. Sorry Brent.
I knit a baby blanket for Lianne's daughter Sophia. That didn't turn out as planned either, as I was sold improper weight (and I don't check gauge on blankets), so it turned out quite small, so it became a car blanket. It was done in a nice blanketweave pattern, which I screwed up numerous times, but to the untrained eye, it looks quite nice.
I did not complete a blanket for Martin. It is a nice green blanket with cables, that I do enjoy, but now where I live and it's so hot, the blanket seems kind of pointless. I might finish it and give it away, but then I feel bad as it is for Martin.
I did finish about half a dozen knit baby balls. These are my signature baby gift. I also make the pumpkin of ineptitude this year for Halloween.
I completed making knit blocks for Martin. Luckily I was able to "borrow" some from Oliver, as I had made him the full alphabet and only had to do 3 more blocks.
I also started (this weekend) a knit zebra puppet for Martin, it is approximately 45% done.
Cross-stitch
I did do a lot this year.
I completed Martin's baby sampler. It was a dull and easy project.
For the first couple of months of the year I worked on the Teresa Welzer dragon. I also worked on this Sea Animals number sampler before we moved and have completed about 75% of it.
My most recent project is the Snow Family, which I did not finish in time for Christmas.
I did complete my cross-stitch ornament for Paulina in time for her to hang on the tree (I'm quite proud of that!).
Crochet
I don't think I did any this year. That's a shame.
Photography / videography
Well, this one is really more Joe. But he found a solution for us in Singapore and got a Joe and Jill website up and running again. He's now got it set up so that I don't have to rely on him to post up the pictures. I'm still behind on comments on the old website, not sure when (if) I'll get around to finishing it, but earlier in the year, I did make some progress.
As for videography, I didn't do anything this year, but still did take video. For Christmas, I got video editing software, all the videos are downstairs, and we have a new large hard drive. I no longer have any more excuses.
Julia Turns 17
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment