Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Lana!!!!

Today is Lana's birthday. She will not be aging however, as I have decided not to age, so to maintain our 2 year gap that we have most of the time, Happy 33rd Birthday! Again!!

What to say about Lana Banana... what to say......

You know, having a little sister at times was a real pain. And at other times is was very convenient.

She would be slow at her turns at board games, but she was the same size as me, so we could share clothes. Although, we didn't share shoes, as she claims I would "stretch" them out.

She would always want to use the yellow Tupperware cup (don't you know milk tastes better out of it) but would go on "It's a Small World" at WDW when no one else would. Mind you, I did do the roller coasters, so we are probably even.

A nice thing about having a sister, is that you have a built in friend (when you know, cooler people (aka Lianne) weren't around). It's very handy having a sibling. Have someone to blame the broken tape measure on. Have someone to come and thumb wrestle in the dark with. Someone who isn't going to tease you about head gear, since they have to have the same (I hope you are saving for orthodontic bills, like I am). Someone to remember what living in Calgary was like (and apparently Saskatoon, though I don't remember).

Of course, no one can bug me like Lana. She can actually just look at me funny, and we are back to being 12 and 10. And just annoying the heck out of each other. But we always come back for more. That's the power of being a sister.

Unfortunately, Lana did not continue on her earlier journey of following me around (KFC, UoW) so I don't really know her as well today as I used to. I don't experience on a daily (or even monthly) basis her life now as a mother. But I know she is a good one (we had a pretty good role model) because she has the soul of a mother.

Lana, I don't think I've ever said this. And frankly, I probably won't. (Darned suppressed emotions, it's so much easier to do this in writing then in person - you know, when you are looking at me). I love you. I'm proud that you are my sister. I'm sorry I wasn't there last year.

Okay, now I'm crying.

Happy Birthday Lana!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jilly - You're not so bad yourself... And don't worry I always forget how old I am so I will forget your age too....