Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Olympic Craft Challenge

One of my favorite bloggers, the Yarn Harlot, does an Olympic challenge, where she will challenge herself to get through some knitting during the games. For the Winter Olympics, she knit a Dale of Norway sweater. For the Summer Olympics, she did a spinning challenge. Yes, she spins, on a spinning wheel. Like in Sleeping Beauty. It's amazing what you find on the internet when you scratch the surface.

Anyway, I decided to hold my own Olympic Craft Challenge. It has to be done by August 24, 2008, the closing of the games. My challenge to myself is..... to finish all the cross-stitches on Lightening McQueen (i.e. not including back stitching). It's a pretty big challenge, as I'm probably only about 50% done, and well, that 50% took me more than 3 weeks. But if you don't push yourself, you'll never get anything done.

So do you have anything you'd like to Challenge yourself with? It doesn't have to be a craft. Post it in my comments, and then we will all update each other on Monday, now renamed "Olympic (Craft) Update" day until the end of the games.

Good luck!!!!

1 comment:

Paulina said...

I've been obsessed with my knitting projects these past months, and I've been neglecting my cross-stitch projects terribly. So I'll set a modest but realistic goal, to put in at least 12 hours (average of half-hour a day) on my cross-stitch projects by Aug. 24. Hopefully, this will get me moving on these UFOs (unfinished objects) again.