Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sleep Training update

So last night, went okay, all things considered.

He cried for about an hour from 7:30 - 8:30. Then from 10:00 - 11:00. He then woke around 4:30, but settled himself back down in about 20 minutes, he never really got up too awake.

But to go in and see him screaming with tears streaming down his face, certainly breaks your heart. Joe gave up at around 10:30 and hid upstairs with earphones on. I continued trying to cross-stitch (going up every time my kitchen timer dinged it was 15 minutes) and then ripping out the cross-stitch mistake.

Nap time was semi-successful today. Morning nap, Basil ended up patting him to sleep - but not holding him, so it was kinda okay. This afternoon, I gave up after 45 minutes.

Today, we had to increase the time before going in by 5 minutes. So I nursed put him down, set the timer for 10 minutes, and haven't gone back in yet as he's quiet. Knock on wood.

1 comment:

Paulina said...

I know this process is hard, but it did work for us when our kids were young. Don't worry and be patient. One day they will indeed sleep through the night, and eventually, they'll even be able to make their own breakfast without waking you!