Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update on Oliver and Martin

Oliver
Oliver's imagination play has really exploded. As you can see above he's playing superhero, with a pillow case cape (my idea) and safety goggles (his idea). He was also playing with a stuffed animal this weekend "My Baby" and taking it out on his trike, which he called his Baby's stroller. He took his Baby to play at the playground on the slide, and did some elaborate stories with him.

He's recently started to get interested in dinosaurs, as a friend bought him so toys, and I found the book that Mom bought him a couple of years ago. When I said that Grandma bought the book he said "Thank you Grandma!! Why doesn't Grandpa doesn't buy me anything". To which I said "Grandpa doesn't like to shop. He likes to do things like go to the Air Show with you."

Martin
He's walking!!!! He can do a couple of unsteady steps between people. In fact, he did 3 steps on his own tonight, while I had my back turned getting out the video camera. He's growing and getting taller, I just had the crib lowered, as it looked like he was going to climb out soon. He's eating well and still not sleeping great. He's now 11 months old. He's quite vocal, with "baba", "mama", "dada". He often plays with the other children in the complex. His favorite thing to do is to go swimming, he just grins ear to ear when he's in the water.

No comments: