Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our weekend

Small update on the sleep training - last night, like I said, down in less than 10 minutes, woke around 10:00, fell asleep again before the 10 minute mark. Woke at around 11:30, cried for more than 10 minutes, Joe went it. Said he needed a diaper change, so I went to help and then Joe disappeared!! I nursed Martin quickly (as that nurse always seemed like a true feed). Put him down awake, he cried for less than 15 minutes. Slept until 7:00am.

Was able to do the sleep training for morning nap, with going in twice. The biggest thing that worked was getting Oliver out of the house. Tonight he was asleep before the 15 minute mark.

So besides sleep training this weekend, we did other things.

On Saturday we took Oliver to a trial taekwondo (which Firefox spell check puts in Wonderbra!) lesson. He did the first 15 minutes or so, then had a melt down and sat on my lap rest of the lesson. He says he doesn't like it. We'll see if he goes back soon. The place was really good and it looked fun. They said we could have another free trial lesson if we wanted.

Saturday afternoon we went swimming and in the evening watched Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles last 2 episodes.

Sunday, Joe let me sleep in until almost 9:00 am!! After waking at 7:00 for a nurse. We went to the Changi Sailing Club after lunch, and Joe went sailing on a dingy and I took Oliver and Martin to the beach and pool. Our friends Mark and Mel were there as well. The boys and I spent almost 2 hours in the pool, so we are quite waterlogged.

We had Sheppard's Pie outside for dinner, and Joe is now reading Oliver stories. I think I'll stitch and see what's on TV.

No comments: