and that something is that I shouldn't drive in Singapore. You saw my earlier post.
Today I went to the Singapore National Eye Center. Very nice impressive building. My appointment time for 8:50, arrive on time, didn't get lost once (I took the MRT). I had been warned it could be an hour or two, so I brought a granny square crochet potholder to do (turns out I can't figure out how to do the starting/ending corner by the time you hit the third round, but that's a different rant). Saw the nurses at around 9:00, they did the screening tests. So far so good. See the doctor around 9:05.
Turns out I do not have a lazy eye!! And I thought I did all this time. So yay! Miracle cure. Fill out my form and off I go.
Sigh, if only it was that easy.
I have to go see a doctor upstairs for him to do some measurement. That's the problem with privatized medicine, is that no one is a generalist. This doctor I saw didn't even do the "1 or 2" test, because the machine said my glasses were okay. If they weren't then he'd send me to an optometrist. Which begs the next question. What kind of doctor was he? I still don't know.
So a nurse takes me upstairs. I sit and wait about 10 minutes. She comes and fetches me and says it will be a three to four hour wait, so I'll have to come back another day, and takes me back downstairs. Where they dilate my eyes!!! Now I'm blind, can't see to crochet, can't read my Treo (only if I take my glasses off) and I sit there in boredom (I'm not one to be left alone with my thoughts). At 11:15 I'm seen by the doctor again, to be told my eyes are fine. BUT he can't sign my form until I see that other doctor for him to do some measurement (which apparently this guy can't do - see above rant).
So I have an appointment on a Saturday morning at 8:30, and I've already been told it will be about 2 hours. Maybe by then I'll figure out the granny square thing.
Oh, and I'll still have a 2 hour wait at the licensing bureau. Joe asked me why I don't just forget it. And I replied that I should do it in case the one day that I have to drive, if I get in a fender bender, having a non-valid license will complicate the heck out of everything.
But I think the universe is telling me not to drive. Or is punishing me for not understanding what "eye defect" means. It's a pretty big punishment for being stupid, don't you think?
Today I went to the Singapore National Eye Center. Very nice impressive building. My appointment time for 8:50, arrive on time, didn't get lost once (I took the MRT). I had been warned it could be an hour or two, so I brought a granny square crochet potholder to do (turns out I can't figure out how to do the starting/ending corner by the time you hit the third round, but that's a different rant). Saw the nurses at around 9:00, they did the screening tests. So far so good. See the doctor around 9:05.
Turns out I do not have a lazy eye!! And I thought I did all this time. So yay! Miracle cure. Fill out my form and off I go.
Sigh, if only it was that easy.
I have to go see a doctor upstairs for him to do some measurement. That's the problem with privatized medicine, is that no one is a generalist. This doctor I saw didn't even do the "1 or 2" test, because the machine said my glasses were okay. If they weren't then he'd send me to an optometrist. Which begs the next question. What kind of doctor was he? I still don't know.
So a nurse takes me upstairs. I sit and wait about 10 minutes. She comes and fetches me and says it will be a three to four hour wait, so I'll have to come back another day, and takes me back downstairs. Where they dilate my eyes!!! Now I'm blind, can't see to crochet, can't read my Treo (only if I take my glasses off) and I sit there in boredom (I'm not one to be left alone with my thoughts). At 11:15 I'm seen by the doctor again, to be told my eyes are fine. BUT he can't sign my form until I see that other doctor for him to do some measurement (which apparently this guy can't do - see above rant).
So I have an appointment on a Saturday morning at 8:30, and I've already been told it will be about 2 hours. Maybe by then I'll figure out the granny square thing.
Oh, and I'll still have a 2 hour wait at the licensing bureau. Joe asked me why I don't just forget it. And I replied that I should do it in case the one day that I have to drive, if I get in a fender bender, having a non-valid license will complicate the heck out of everything.
But I think the universe is telling me not to drive. Or is punishing me for not understanding what "eye defect" means. It's a pretty big punishment for being stupid, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment