For those following the saga of me getting my drivers license (and frankly, who hasn't), it's been a long and painful process. First I did the test, and waited for 2 hours to be served. I put down I had an eye defect (as I wear glasses), and was told to go see the eye doctor. 10 minutes into seeing the eye doctor, he said I don't have a defect, but he couldn't fill out the form (a whole other rant) and 2.5 hours later I still wasn't done.
So I went back today to get the form done. First I saw a specialist for my wandering eye, which involved a lot of looking at the "E" while she blocked one eye then the other. Then I had to go to this other test. Where I looked into this machine, and they flashed pinpricks of light and I was to click on a clicker when I saw a flash. Well, I don't know what it was about this machine, but it made me extremely anxious. Seriously, I was getting nervous and fidgety and if it lasted another 10 minutes I would have told them anything to make it stop. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't like it. I have no idea what it measures as no one told me.
But in the end, my form is signed. Hopefully the doctor filled it out correctly, and next Saturday I can waste another 2 hours trying to get my license. The total count so far is about 7 hours (excluding studying for the test and writing the test).
So I went back today to get the form done. First I saw a specialist for my wandering eye, which involved a lot of looking at the "E" while she blocked one eye then the other. Then I had to go to this other test. Where I looked into this machine, and they flashed pinpricks of light and I was to click on a clicker when I saw a flash. Well, I don't know what it was about this machine, but it made me extremely anxious. Seriously, I was getting nervous and fidgety and if it lasted another 10 minutes I would have told them anything to make it stop. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't like it. I have no idea what it measures as no one told me.
But in the end, my form is signed. Hopefully the doctor filled it out correctly, and next Saturday I can waste another 2 hours trying to get my license. The total count so far is about 7 hours (excluding studying for the test and writing the test).
No comments:
Post a Comment