Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Okay, I just wrote out the blog, selected it all for formatting, and it disappeared! Aarrgg!! I've been awake since 4:30 am though, so that may be the reason.
I'm in KL for a conference, though I haven't seen much of the conference as I've been doing client visits with a co-worker.
The flight in was really easy. I already have my boarding pass for coming home - how's that for efficient? One thing that's a bit different is that the bags aren't scanned until you get to the gate. This really eases up traffic, but I must imagine it is a lot more expensive to have that many scanning machines. The flight is only 40 minutes, so after they serve you the tea, they have to take it away again.
The Malaysian airport is also quite straightforward. One nice thing is that they have eliminated immigration cards, so you just give your passport, and away you go. They also have airport taxi stands where you can prepay your taxi ride. Which was good, as I don't have much Malay cash.
I'm in the Prince Hotel, and it's super nice. I don't have the view of the Petronas Towers though. Maybe next time.

No comments: