Saturday, January 5, 2008

I've created monsters

Knitting monsters that is.

Sofya (aged 9) seems to be a true convert. We went shopping today for yarn and bought her own needles. She is diligently making a scarf for her teddy in stockinette stitch. Her form is improving. Though it's hard to say what she's done and her mom has done. But she really seems to love it. I hope it lasts for life for her.

Now, the boys are another matter. Lewis (aged 5) came by one night three times wanting to knit. Joe had to turn him away as we were putting the boys away. Today it was pouring rain, so they came over for a knit. He doesn't so much want to knit as have me knit a jumper for his teddy bear. Then Thibeault (aged 7) came also. He's the closest to actually learning.

What amazes me, is how much they want to say they want to do it. And they do persevere for about 15 minutes, but it's difficult to teach a class so big. Especially with trucks and trains around.

In other knitting news, I finished making a knit zebra puppet for Martin.

No comments: