So living in Asia-Lite isn't as cheap as living in Asia-proper. Joe can tell you that the cost of electronics isn't as cheap as you would think, though he did get a good deal on an amplifier today.
My biggest pet peeves are the cost of lemon ice tea, called "iced lemon tea", photos and greeting cards.
I have paid as much as S$10 (C$6.95!!) for iced lemon tea and you don't even get refills. I usually only pay that much when I don't see the price before hand, or someone else is picking up the tab. I mean, it's cold water and tea bags, why does it cost so much?
I've been looking into getting a family photo done. All the packages are running at least S$300+ (C$ 210+). Superstore is C$60 and you get a ton of photos. Here the photos are almost like a wedding album. I don't want that, I want a couple of pictures to send to the grandparents and put in my wallet. I think I'll pick a nice day, we will dress up and ask the neighbour to take some pictures. Then when we are back in Canada, we will go to the Superstore.
The other thing is greeting cards. Don't worry, I got an excellent deal on the boxed cards I sent everyone (and thanks to everyone who sent a card back! I really appreciate it). I bought a thank you card today. The price printed on the back is US$ 1.99 or C$2.60. However, I paid S$5.70 (or C$3.69). I actually saw one card for S$7.90. I put that one back. Good thing I don't send cards often. And it's going to be less with those prices.
My biggest pet peeves are the cost of lemon ice tea, called "iced lemon tea", photos and greeting cards.
I have paid as much as S$10 (C$6.95!!) for iced lemon tea and you don't even get refills. I usually only pay that much when I don't see the price before hand, or someone else is picking up the tab. I mean, it's cold water and tea bags, why does it cost so much?
I've been looking into getting a family photo done. All the packages are running at least S$300+ (C$ 210+). Superstore is C$60 and you get a ton of photos. Here the photos are almost like a wedding album. I don't want that, I want a couple of pictures to send to the grandparents and put in my wallet. I think I'll pick a nice day, we will dress up and ask the neighbour to take some pictures. Then when we are back in Canada, we will go to the Superstore.
The other thing is greeting cards. Don't worry, I got an excellent deal on the boxed cards I sent everyone (and thanks to everyone who sent a card back! I really appreciate it). I bought a thank you card today. The price printed on the back is US$ 1.99 or C$2.60. However, I paid S$5.70 (or C$3.69). I actually saw one card for S$7.90. I put that one back. Good thing I don't send cards often. And it's going to be less with those prices.
No comments:
Post a Comment