I'm sure you've already heard the news. He was a young (28) actor. I first noticed him on a short-lived TV show called Roar, that I watched with Laurie back in the day. It only lasted 13 episodes. I just learned that it was created by Shaun Cassidy (!) and was nominated for Emmys (!).
Laurie and I loved that show and another science fiction one called Sliders with Jerry O'Connell. I was going through old VHS tapes and noticed that I had some labeled "Sliders". Okay, loved might be not descriptive enough. We were obsessed with Sliders. Perhaps some letters were written to Fox when it was first canceled (those letters worked, as it did come back). If I remember correctly, we watched the first episode together while hanging curtains in her living room.
Laurie and I lived in the same building, The Robin Hood in Scarborough. It was a good building. My apartment was called "The Maid Marien" and was a spacious 800 square foot apartment with a den. Perfect for studying. We used to talk on the phone for hours, even though we worked together. I don't know why I didn't just go down to her apartment. That seems odd now in hindsight.
Then Prudential got sold, Laurie got a job in Waterloo, I met Joe and the days at The Robin Hood were over. But they were good times.
Laurie and I loved that show and another science fiction one called Sliders with Jerry O'Connell. I was going through old VHS tapes and noticed that I had some labeled "Sliders". Okay, loved might be not descriptive enough. We were obsessed with Sliders. Perhaps some letters were written to Fox when it was first canceled (those letters worked, as it did come back). If I remember correctly, we watched the first episode together while hanging curtains in her living room.
Laurie and I lived in the same building, The Robin Hood in Scarborough. It was a good building. My apartment was called "The Maid Marien" and was a spacious 800 square foot apartment with a den. Perfect for studying. We used to talk on the phone for hours, even though we worked together. I don't know why I didn't just go down to her apartment. That seems odd now in hindsight.
Then Prudential got sold, Laurie got a job in Waterloo, I met Joe and the days at The Robin Hood were over. But they were good times.
1 comment:
Those were great days Jill. And, you do remember correctly...we were hanging curtains when we watched our first episode of Sliders. I too have them on tape along with Roar. Roar was short lived on Global as they only aired 7 episodes (I taped and kept them all). I just last week finished watching the entire 13 episodes as David gave me the series for Xmas. Loved it as much as I did the first time. Unfortunately, no real finality to the series..no cliffhangers no tying up of loose ends or anything.
I think we spent time on the phone because David was little and probably in bed. It was just easier. And, when he was away, we hung out in your apartment. You had the better TV. I had the 13 inch. They were definitely good times.
Post a Comment