Well, according to the scale (and my math) last night, Martin is 13.2 pounds. He's a growing boy. He's certainly "chunking" up and he's getting cuter everyday.
I've been pumping twice a day most days, and have over 20 bags of milk in the freezer. Which is good, but not sure if he's going to take it.
We've tried now two days in a row to introduce the bottle. Yesterday, I made the mistake and used a big bottle (4.5 ounces) and he took nothing. I was smarter today and only used an ounce. He cried and cried at Basil, so eventually I just nursed him. I tried fooling him, by giving him some bottle when he pulled off of nursing, keeping him in the same position, but no go. He's taken about 0.25 ounces today from the bottle, and that's most likely just the bottle dripping into his mouth.
Not much to do except keep trying.
P.S. Did you notice the new picture at the side?
I've been pumping twice a day most days, and have over 20 bags of milk in the freezer. Which is good, but not sure if he's going to take it.
We've tried now two days in a row to introduce the bottle. Yesterday, I made the mistake and used a big bottle (4.5 ounces) and he took nothing. I was smarter today and only used an ounce. He cried and cried at Basil, so eventually I just nursed him. I tried fooling him, by giving him some bottle when he pulled off of nursing, keeping him in the same position, but no go. He's taken about 0.25 ounces today from the bottle, and that's most likely just the bottle dripping into his mouth.
Not much to do except keep trying.
P.S. Did you notice the new picture at the side?
2 comments:
Love the photo, Jill! He is indeed getting cuter all the time.
Hi Jill,
You don't know me but I am a friend of Paulina's. My daughter was born on the same day as Martin. He is adorable by the way...bigger than Amalia already (she is 11 lbs 5 oz, was 8 lb 3 oz at birth). Take care!
Cheers,
Kirsten
Post a Comment