Saturday, July 14, 2007

All about Toddlerisms

I remember when Kate was a toddler, she used to call us Aunt Joe and Uncle Jill, and she really liked ephelants (elephants).

Oliver is now at that stage of development. He actually has quite a good vocabulary and pronunciation, but like all toddlers, some words are harder than others. Thankfully he can say "t" as he says "trucks" a lot, and a common mispronunciation is with the letter "f"!

Here are some recent ones:

decker decker bus = double decker bus
fall pool = small pool (s is often pronounced as f)
ment mixer = cement mixer
Mingo = Bingo - well, it was supposed to be Bingo, but we've renamed the dog to be Mingo, so technically he's correct now

I'll add more as I think of them. I'm having a baby brain moment, and can't think of any more!

No comments: