And so it begins. We found the potty last weekend. Every night before bathtime I've had Oliver sit on it. The first night he went right up and went pee in it. Since then it's been a bit hit and miss, but he's tried sitting on it.
Tonight, when we got home from dinner, Oliver said, "I need to pee", so we went running upstairs, and he peed on the potty! Yay for Oliver!! We are going to start in earnest tomorrow, having him go every two hours. But I'm not brave enough to go without a diaper.
In addition, we got a note from school saying they are going to start potty training this next week. They go without diapers, and take him to the toilet every time they change activities.
Now, the books say not to start when there is a big change - but frankly, this year - when is it not a big change? Plus, I think he's ready. He tells us everytime he goes in his diaper, asks to be changed right away, and certainly seems quite interested.
I'm quite prepared for some regression when the baby comes (remind me of this post when I complain).
Wish us luck!!
Julia Turns 17
14 years ago
1 comment:
Good luck! Kate refused to use the potty until she turned three. On her birthday, she said, "I'm three. Now I use potty." After that, she never looked back!
Post a Comment