Sunday, July 22, 2007

All about the Night Safari

PT (potty training) Update - only once in the potty, but he told me he had to go. It was the one before bath time. Isn't convinced that poops should go in the potty - they should go in the diaper according to Oliver.

Oliver funny - "I don't like spiders, I like crocodiles. I don't like snakes, I like bunnies."

Onto tonight's blog. We went to the Night Safari last night. It was EXCELLENT. It was pretty expensive, but that was because we couldn't stay that long, due to Oliver. If we had a Singapore child that stayed up until 10:00 every night (the kids here stay up very late for North American standards), then it would be even better.

When you come in, they have fire dancers entertaining those who are eating dinner. We went immediately to the tram ride. It is a 45 minute tram ride around the park. The Night Safari is right beside the Singapore Zoo, so I thought they were the same park. Not so. The Night Safari is it's own park.

The tram ride was excellent, they have a guide talking throughout. You see mainly deer, but we did see lions (they were sleeping then too!), hyenas, elephants and tigers. It's really kind of spooky how dark the forest is at night, and that an elephant could basically be hidden from site until you walk right into it!

They also have walking trails, we did a short one to see the tiger. He was sitting there looking at us. They have very big heads, and frankly, if you saw one in the wild, you'd wet your pants!! Or at least I would.

There is a "Creatures of the Night" show which is supposed to be excellent, but that would be too late for Oliver.

I have no pictures as there is no flash photos, but I did take video. But you all know how long it takes me to get around to editing the video.

No comments: