Joe's been trying to convince me to leave work before going into labour. I spoke to the doctor about it, but she looked at me like I had two heads, and said "what would you do if you left work early?", to which I replied "knit". Which I think shocked her, as I don't think she's met a knitter yet. Oh well, wait until I show up knitting at the hospital!!
I've registered at the hospital, and we've bought some baby supplies (diapers, wipes, an adapter for my pump, freezer bags for milk, diaper cream) and we have set up the bassinet in our room. The crib still needs to be set up, and the room organized, but Basilia has washed all the clothes and toys.
Here is a picture, probably about 2 weeks old. I don't know why it is sideways. It looks fine in the saved file. Yes, that's Oliver's head right there.

And here is one with my favorite toddler (again - if you know how to turn the picture in blog, let me know!)

Here is some information about pregnancy at 36 weeks. Ignore all the references to "she", we don't know the gender.
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is a little under 19 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position.
1 comment:
Nice photos, even if they are sideways! I'm not sure why they ended up this way. I turn mine to the right orientation using whatever software I'm using for viewing (Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, Picasa or Photoshop), save the turned copy, and then upload to the blog.
I did pack my knitting for the hospital, but I don't remember if I'd gotten around to taking it out of the bag. It is comforting having it though!
Post a Comment