Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

Today is my birthday and also Chinese New Year's Eve. That conveniently worked out for me, as today was a half day and Thursday and Friday are holidays.

I went for lunch with Joe and Basil to Din Tai Fung for wonton soup. The best in the city, in my opinion. Then went home and played with Oliver, Martin and Sofya. Oliver had his swimming lesson so we all (including Martin) went swimming before hand. Martin did really well, not crying at all. Oliver's front crawl is also improving.

We then had steak for dinner with roasted garlic. Yummy. Then chocolate cake for my birthday. Then it was gift time. Out came a large box tied with a ribbon. I undid the ribbon and lifted the lid. Just like they open presents on Young and the Restless (Mom and Lana would know what I mean) and inside was the prettiest purse you have ever seen:




The Madeline from Coach. It's from Joe, Oliver, Martin & Mom and Dad. Thank you very much!! I also got a lovely picture with the two cutest boys I've ever had the pleasure to know.

Typical of my life, I was nursing Martin when the cake came out and my hair was still wet from swimming. That didn't stop me from posing with my new Purse (capital "P") like I was on America's Next Top Model.

After getting Martin to bed, I went in to read to Oliver, who said "I love you Mama". All in all, a great birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jill!!! I hope it was a good one.
Laurie

Paulina said...

Happy Birthday, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Jill
(Coach purses are really cool at my school)