Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Leapin' Lizards!!

This weekend, I pulled on the toilet paper and imagine my surprize when a baby gecko was sitting on it! Good thing I looked at the toilet paper before using it!! It then went and hid behind the toilet, so we let it be, as it was too awkward to get at. I saw it later that night on my nightstand, so I got Joe to catch it, but not before it ran across my pillow. Yuck!!

Geckos were common in The Bahamas also. When we first moved it, there was one high up on the wall. Being new to the gecko experience, we were suitably freaked out. Joe got a broom, and gave me a wastepaper basket, with the brilliant idea that he would knock the lizard off the wall, and I would catch it in the basket. I'm like "you are going to flick a lizard at me?!?!" I don't think so. Plus you have all seen my eye-hand coordination skills, it wasn't going to be pretty.

So Joe knocked the lizard down, and he fell straight down the wall. He was lying motionless on the floor, so we walked over to look at it. Once we were standing over it, the lizard felt much better and made a run for it. Well, we decided to run Bugs Bunny style and leaped on top of the bed. Eventually, we did get down from the bed, but not before spraying a bunch of Raid underneath the bed. The lizard either escaped, died, or was mutated into a Komodo Dragon.

No comments: