See the news article here.
That's in Long Sault, right in my mother's old stomping ground.
On the one hand, I understand where the library is coming from and I can understand the emphasis on literacy (being a library and all). But to kick out such young kids seems a bit cruel. At least the library manager came up with a reasonable solution - talk about books while knitting. Maybe talk about knitting books.
For more discussion, see the Yarn Harlot.
That's in Long Sault, right in my mother's old stomping ground.
On the one hand, I understand where the library is coming from and I can understand the emphasis on literacy (being a library and all). But to kick out such young kids seems a bit cruel. At least the library manager came up with a reasonable solution - talk about books while knitting. Maybe talk about knitting books.
For more discussion, see the Yarn Harlot.
No comments:
Post a Comment