We had the kids Easter party on Saturday. It was a beautiful day until about 3:30, when the sky started looking ominous. I helped set up and went to hide the eggs for the hunt, but Oliver insisted on coming with me, he kept saying "I like you Mommy" and then all the kids started following me, like I'm the Pied Piper or something.
The party started at 4. We had two craft stations. One with paper eggs to decorate with glue and different shapes and the other my egg dyeing. Oh, let me tell you about the eggs. We bought 50 (they come in packs of 10 - I don't know why either - they are metric I guess), out of that only 30 were good enough to colour. During the cooking process many of them cracked. So not good for colouring but good enough for eating, so I had Basil make Deviled Eggs.
I had elastic bands for the kids to put around the eggs (to get stripes) and they all set out to decorate. They had a lot of fun at both stations. Then it started to really look like it was going to rain, so we sent the kids on the egg hunt. During the egg hunt it did start to rain, so one of the neighbours was generous enough to open her doors, so we all grabbed the food and ran in there.
Inside, I tried to keep the kids occupied, we played "Mack, Mack, Chick Hicks", which is Duck, Duck, Goose but with Cars names, and Little Einsteins (which I made up on the spot also - kind of like I spy).
The rain was a serious cloud burst, and it just "chucked" it down (as the British would say) for a good 90 minutes. Overall though the party was a big success, and everyone had a good time.
That evening the adults came out after dinner for conversation and drinks.
I'm so happy to live where we live. I just love this type of stuff.
Julia Turns 17
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment