Tuesday, June 26, 2007

All about School

First off, an update. Dad called this morning (evening in Winnipeg) and the surgery went really well and he left Mom doing a crossword puzzle. So Mom, this blog's for you. All about your favorite grandson (and favorite 2 year old), so get better so you can come and read this blog at home.

Oliver has been in school now for a over a month. He just moved into the Nursery 1 class, from the Toddler room. When we first signed Oliver up for school, he was very very excited. He kept saying "I need a backpack. I need a backpack for school." So Oliver and I went shopping to United Square by ourselves. We took the MRT, Oliver walked the entire time, we stopped and had ice cream, and Oliver picked out his backpack. We had such a nice Mommy and son outing, which we rarely do. This is what he chose, over Dora and Thomas.He loves it. He has never seen the Cars movie. We have to take it when we go out, its now become our diaper bag.

Back to the topic at hand. He is loving school. He wears a uniform, there are are two kinds, a formal one and an informal one.

This picture you've seen on Joe's blog:


And here is the informal uniform:

He's been learning Mandarin, he can sing a little song in Mandarin, and today, he was pointing at my face and saying "funny" words. I think he was saying face or hair or forehead (???) in Mandarin to me. Apparently, he can also count to 10 according to the teachers, but I haven't heard it.

Here are some pictures of artwork from school. For his Father's Day gift, see Joe's blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's pretty artistic - or maybe it is a very structured exercise? Either way I'm sure he is quite talented!

Auntie L

Crafty Craken said...

Dear Auntie L,

The teachers must have helped, as Oliver certainly can't draw that well at home. He's still doing just big scratches.