Friday, June 15, 2007

All about baby "tobe"

Well, I can't post a picture right now (if we have one) as Joe's on the other computer, where the pictures are. As it turns out, we don't have any recent pictures of me with the belly. I'll try and do one this weekend (and then it will be another 3 weeks before it's downloaded).

Lana requested a post about the baby, and I was going to do one anyways. So here it is. Ta da?

I'm currently 30 weeks and 2 days, with only 68 days to go, according to my countdown ticker. Yikes!! Where has the time gone? Oh yeah, moving half way around the world.

The baby moves around a lot, I get movement usually in the morning at work, which sometimes makes it hard to concentrate, and then at night time when going to sleep. I'm usually woken up once in the night by the baby.

The doctor tells me, that since Oliver was "big" (7 pounds 15 ounces) this one would be "big" too. Also, I have a lot of fluid, which again is a sign of a big baby. I just don't think she's used to woman of big German stock like me, with the big birthing hips. She also said that this baby will most likely be early (that I believe) and the labour will probably be quicker (that I believe also). My biggest fear is not making it in time for the epidural (well besides all the normal fears, like c-section, etc).

The baby already weighs 1.2 kg which is 2.7 pounds, according to my last visit. We don't know the gender, but I'm putting my money on blue.

I already feel guilty about not being able to do for this baby as I did for Oliver. I probably won't pump as much, as taking the pump to work will be a pain, plus, I won't be able to do it in my office, as they are all fishbowls (i.e. glass walled). That certainly would give them something to talk about!! But the advantage that this baby will have over Oliver, is that we've already practiced once. And he or she will have a big brother - complete with lots of toys to steal away.

There was an interesting question raised, if birth order effected parenting. i.e. you identify more with the child in the same birth order as you. I know that Auntie Lana certainly is with her nephew and nephew/niece tobe! But I'm the oldest and Joe's the youngest, so we will probably balance each other out. Who would an only child identify with?

Now the big question, should I make the (#$@#(*@^( name blocks for the baby? Joe says "yes" and I could put numbers instead of shapes on the other side, but then that means I do at least 10, as of course I would want 0 - 9.

1 comment:

Paulina said...

Glad to hear the pregnancy is going well. As for the name blocks, it would be nice if you had a set to match Oliver's but don't bother if the project doesn't excite you anymore (that's how unfinished projects accumulate). Maybe you can do just the prime numbers? :-)