I was walking to work today and thinking about what to write on my blog. I decided I was going to to write about cross-stitch, and now I'm feeling very unworthy. But I have a picture, so I'm going to use it.
I'm currently working on a baby sampler.


Since the picture was taken, I have completed the seahorse.
I like and dislike this pattern. I like it because it is super simple, I can easily talk on the phone and stitch, as there are large sections which don't really require counting. The colours are nice. I dislike it because unless you are talking on the phone, or doing a counting part, it's a bit boring. It's huge blocks of the same colour.
I was thinking about Paulina's post about Process or Product. I do like the process of cross-stitch, but I find at times it bores me. And I do like the finished product, but there is only so much stitching you can put up in your house. Mom and Dad are already maxed out, and I like to give pictures to people who will appreciate the effort. And it's no use giving to Paulina, since she does her own.
But Paulina and I have started a cross-stitch ornament exchange. I hope its a tradition that we will carry on through the years.
1 comment:
The sampler looks great so far ... love the colours! Hey, don't worry about giving cross-stitch gifts to people who cross-stitch. They probably appreciate the time and effort you put into the gift more than most! I always like hand-made gifts from other people, even if I indulge in the hobby myself.
Post a Comment